A breeder’s job is to improve something.
– Brent Barnes
Canna Cribs Podcast: Episode #13.
Welcome back! In this episode of the Canna Cribs Podcast Nick talks with Brett Barnes of Claybourne to learn about his passion for cannabis and the challenges of running a successful cannabis operation.
Born and raised in Southern California, Claybourne Co. creates products and strains with the people in mind. They believe in transparency, and feature the terpene and cannabinoid profiles on the majority of our products. Discover our wide selection of Premium Big and Small Buds, Flower & Kief, and their newest line of Infused Pre-Rolls.
QUESTIONS FROM THE INTERVIEW.
- Thanks for being here! Can you introduce yourself for our audience?
- How did you get enter the cannabis space? What was that journey like?
- 1st experience
- You’re the VP of Genetics and Cultivation at Claybourne – what’s your day to day like in that role?
- How does it differ from your role as Director of Plant Breeding at Plant21?
- You love plants – I know this – can you tell me more about some of the other plants you’ve grown and bred?
- How is breeding/growing cannabis different? How is it the same?
- What’s your growing philosophy if you have such a thing?
- Do you consider yourself a breeder or a grower – and is there that much of a difference at your level?
- What are some exciting results of your breeding efforts?
- How much pheno hunting do you do?
- What are you looking for in new cultivars?
- Are you driven by your interests or market demand?
- Do you work with outside breeders or are you doing everything in house?
- A lot of people call themselves breeders these days – what separates the pros from the amatuer in your opinion?
- What are your most popular Claybourne products?
- Your website has an application for dispensaries to sell Claybourne products – what do you look for in a vendor?
- Any thoughts on the future of the cannabis space?
- Federal legalization – how far off?
- What are the fastest growing sectors in the cannabis space?
- Does Claybourne have any projects in the works you care to talk about?
- Is there anything else you’d like our audience to know before we go? Anyone you’d like to say hello to?