It’s not just the science, it’s about being well rounded.
– George Murray
Canna Cribs Podcast: Episode #12.
Welcome back to the Canna Cribs Podcast! In this episode of the Canna Cribs Podcast, Nick Morin sits down with George Murray of Ventana Plant Science to discuss some of the important chemistry that goes into formulating a nutrient line.
About Ventana Plant Science:
Ventana Plant Science are nutrients born of chemists with decades of history formulating nutrients for specialty crops around the world. Designed to be complete, but not wasteful. With Additives built to be complementary and focused.
WHAT’S IN THE INTERVIEW?
- 00:00 Opening
- 00:27 Nick Morin Intro
- 01:56 George’s Origin Story with Ventana Plant Sciences
- 08:21 How would you categorize your main area of expertise?
- 12:20 Approaches to different grow styles (row crop, greenhouse, indoor)
- 18:20 What is unique to cannabis growing?
- 21:27 The state of cannabis nutrients currently
- 25:50 Impact of nutrient runoff in communities
- 30:10 Growers House Pro Desk
- 31:12 Mitigating environmental concerns
- 34:20 Problems with some other nutrients on the market
- 45:05 DIY nutrient advice
- 48:10 George’s work with Amino Acids
- 55:14 Research & Results
- 59:00 Actionable lessons for growers
- 01:00:40 Important info for growers
- 01:08:06 Getting growers comfortable with science
- 01:12:55 Innovations in plant nutrition
- 01:24:22 Step by step guide to developing a plant nutrition program
- 01:32:43 Nutrient spend based on three different models
- 01:50:10 Best place to find Ventana Plant Science products