The biggest challenges are the ‘unknowns’ in the industry.
– Dr. Zobayed
Canna Cribs Podcast: Episode #11.
We take a deep dive with, Dr. Sma Zobayed the Chief Tissue Culture Officer of 'Segra International' in Episode 11 of the Canna Cribs Podcast, where we document history with the pioneers of the global cannabis industry. In this interview, we will deep dive with Dr. Zobayed of 'Segra International' about tissue culture and the innovations of the practice within the cannabis industry.
About Segra International:
Segra International is a company invested in the revolution of ag-tech for the cannabis industry. Founded on the belief that better cannabis starts with better plants. As a global leader in Plant Tissue Culture (PTC), an established method for creating disease-free, true-to-type super plantlets at commercial scale. Segra International has brought this proven agricultural technique to the cannabis industry to help growers grow better plants with greater efficiency. Founded in 2014, we have achieved significant milestones in support of the rapidly maturing cannabis industry.
WHAT’S IN THE INTERVIEW?
- 0:00 Opening
- 1:40 Background on Dr. Sma Zobayed
- 8:41 Responsibilities at Segra International
- 16:40 Day-To-Day for Dr. Sma Zobayed
- 30:28 History of Tissue Culture
- 37:43 Why Tissue Culture?
- 43:48 Packaging with Green Vault Systems
- 44:33 Disease Resistance with Tissue Culture
- 49:29 Plant Count using Tissue Culture
- 58:03 Differences Between Cuttings from Tissue Culture
- 1:03:09 Packaging ROI with Precision Batch by Green Vault Systems
- 1:04:34 The Future of Tissue Culture
- 1:11:13 Future Expansion/Projects at Segra International